Sunday, February 18, 2018

Art

Last year I sold several paintings on Trademe. 

I photographed a few of them before they were sold:
Huia

Goldfinch
Profile With Pounamu
 Here is a painting I did of the neighbors' dog (it was given as a Christmas present):


Blue
Here is a recent painting I hope to sell soon:

Playtime For Kea

And finally, here is my favorite painting at the Christchurch Art Museum. It's called "Cass Station" and is painted by Rita Angus. I love the dreamy Narnian trees and whimsical cloud shapes. She's managed to catch to dry gold colors of the tussock grass and the blue gray of the mountains. The sole man contentedly smoking his pipe gives the setting a sense of tranquility:

"Cass Station" by Rita Angus

 The museum recently reopened after quake repairs were complete. It is a fantastic place to go and I adore the beautiful museum store filled with sparkly arty things. 

I bought a set of gouache paints there and started experimenting with them. They're a type of watercolor but they dry opaque. I like their bold colors but they can be difficult to mix for color gradations. I've made several small paintings and tucked them around the house. I may post some pics of those a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment