Saturday, December 21, 2013

Archimedes



This is my Love Bird Archimedes. The NPR named him after the grouchy owl in the Sword and the Stone, although his temperament is much brighter than the owl's.

He is young and not yet hand tamed but he is very social and likes to issue long series of squawks and whistles to express himself when something takes his fancy.

I will sometimes let him out to fly around in my room but unless he goes back in his cage for seeds I have to chase him and catch him in a large sweatshirt. He hates that sweatshirt and makes loud scolding noises whenever I bring it out.

He enjoys eating broccoli and will nip thoughtfully at apple slices. He has shown no interest in Kiwi fruit or bananas but if the NPR and I are having sandwiches he likes a little bread to be clipped to the side of his cage for a snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment