Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Zealand is an Awesome Place


I have recently started a part-time job as a journalist for a rural publication and today I was sent to cover the ground breaking ceremony for a major irrigation project in my area.

There were delicious hot mince pies and I got to interview the Prime Minister, John Key. 

Of all the political and public figures I have ever interviewed, he was by far the most genuinely friendly and delightful to talk to. He makes funny asides and looks like he honestly enjoys working for his country. 

I'm a fan.

The bar has been set high for all future stories that I cover. 

I now realize that any assignments not including hot mince pies and at least three heads of state will probably lead to immediate disenchantment.

Oh well.


A squinty American journalist chats with the Prime Minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment